Friday 13 March 2015

Mi primera semana...

My first week...
I honestly love it here and although this week has gone so quickly I feel like I have lived here for years, despite not being fluent in Spanish. Yet. 
I will try and keep this short for your sake. I am currently in Trujillo and am attending a Church, seen on the right. People are really friendly and all greet me with a kiss on the cheek, as is normal here. I'm not sure if I will ever get used to that. The sermons and songs are in Spanish which helps with me picking up the language and thankfully I can roughly understand what is going on.
Grade 1 classroom
I have started my work in the local school, here I teach English as they have a lack of teachers. The english lessons are really amazing and my pupils are the best. I have so far received stickers, an apple and grapes, clearly I am the best teacher ever. I teach the children alongside other teachers and use hilarious songs which often get stuck in my head.
Small playground in the school
I have yet to find out my timetable with the orphanage that I will be working with, but I cannot wait to get involved. 
I cannot believe how blessed I am to be in this beautiful country and I thank everyone who helped me get here.
Until next time...
Chau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment